Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Phillies acquired veteran slugger Jose Bautista from the New York Mets on Tuesday for a player to be named or cash.Bautista has batted .196 with 11 homers and 42 RBIs for the Braves and Mets this season. The Phillies entered Tuesday night’s game against Washington 3½ games behind first-place Atlanta in the NL East.A six-time All-Star for Toronto from 2010-15 http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , the 37-year-old Bautista has 342 career homers. The right-handed hitter is expected to come off the bench for the Phillies and was going to be available to play against the Nationals. He has started in the outfield, third base and first base this season.“He’s going to be a veteran presence in the dugout and in the clubhouse,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said. “A major part of his role (is) how intelligent he is. He sees the game differently than anyone we have on our roster right now. He’s very good at picking up tells and figuring out which of our pitchers and opposing pitchers are tipping, and he’s going to share that with our clubhouse.”Philadelphia has been active, acquiring infielder Asdrubal Cabrera and two-time All-Star catcher Wilson Ramos last month, then first baseman Justin Bour and lefty reliever Luis Avilan in August.Right-hander Mark Leiter Jr. was designated for assignment to clear room on the 40-man roster for Bautista and catcher Andrew Knapp was optioned to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Bautista joins his third NL East team this year. Philadelphia will be his eighth club overall in 15 major league seasons.“He came to us at a time where we had some injuries and needed some stability and I think he not only provided that but did a lot more,” Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said on a conference call. “This trade was really less about the return we got and more about a couple of other aspects.“One, it allows us to clear out some playing time for some of our other younger guys,” Ricco added. “The second part, I think http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-greinke-jersey , was about doing the right thing by Jose. You know, he’s a veteran player who came to us and, as I said, did a nice job both on and off the field. By being able to move him to a contender, albeit one in our division, but to a contender, it allows Jose a chance to participate in a pennant race and ultimately chase a World Series ring.”To fill Bautista’s roster spot, the fourth-place Mets planned to reinstate outfielder Brandon Nimmo from the 10-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s game in Chicago against the Cubs. Nimmo had been sidelined by a bruised left index finger. Peoria defeats Salt River 3-2 in Extra innings"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodArizona Fall League Championship & Season RecapNew,18commentsPeoria defeats Salt River 3-2 in Extra inningsand speed.He looks like he’ll stick at catcher to me, but I can also see him being moved to get his bat in the lineup more often.He has a swing that stays in the hitting zone Andrew Chafin Jersey , very level, and he will live on line drives. While very fast, will need to learn to pick his spots better.Was picked off and caught stealing more than a few times this fall league. Started off hot, but slumped over the last 2 weeks, going 1 for 23.Did not homer and had just 2 extra base hits. Dominic MiroglioDefense first catcher. Looks very agile behind the plate.Can’t really tell how he’s framing from the viewpoint I get. Has a strong accurate arm.He is a contact hitter, doesn’t walk much or hit with power, however hit .327on a .372 BABIP in the Cal league. That didn’t carry over after getting promoted toAA as he hitjust .231 without homering in 81 PA at that level and an even .200 , 5 for 25in the AFL, although he did have 1 homer.Small sample size stuff. I think he’ll do much better his second go around at AA in 2019Pavin SmithPavin carried a 49% ground ball rate both 2017 & 2018.In the Fall League it seemed like it had to be even higher than that. By the end of the season, he was being pinch hit for in key situations as his downward swing plane was generating zero power and nothing but ground balls.This needs to change if he is going to have any success going forward.Jon DuplantierI’ve written a lot about him this fall league.He looks to be almost ready for the majors. He has the complete package of FB/CB/SL/CH Alex Avila Jersey , and can throw all his off speed pitches for strikes. He doesn’t bully hitters with his fastball, despite mid 90’s velocity.But if he can improve his FB command a little he will have the chance to reach his ceiling.Durability and length are still not there.Including the Fall League he threw just 86 innings this year.I don’t think he should be held back in the minors too long though. This is why I like the idea of bringing him up as a longman/swing man mid season. That will allow him to get his feet under him in the majors and not increase his innings workload too quickly.I assume he will be capped at 150 IP max next year.Bo Takahashi:Struggled with his command out of the bullpen from what I saw. 6 walks and 3 hit batters in 11 2? IP. Pitches without fear though, and I like his chances to hone his stuff and keep improving.Kevin Ginkel:Has a little bit of short arm action, and seems like a guy his size should be throwing a little harder.But he has an intimidating mound presence and likes to bully hitters inside with his fastball. Struck out 17 while walking just 2 , he impressed me a lot. He had the same kind of video game K/BB rates inA=/AA last year, 100K to 12walks. I think we could see him very soon in Chase Field. Tyler Mark:I only saw him pitch a couple of times.His time in the fall league was abbreviated due to getting hit in the head by a come backer. It was good just to see him come back healthy. Results are secondary here. So thats a wrap for this year. Thanks to Jim and also the Fall League officials for giving me the chance to cover the league for the AZ Snakepit. It’s been a lot of fun.